Here are a few tips to make your workshop a success. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Supply List – Exploring Texture
For this portion of the workshop, we’ll have some fun with Golden texture mediums and Golden fluid acrylics on watercolor paper. If you’ve never used Golden’s fluid acrylics, they are wonderful.
- PALETTE KNIFE
- POCKET COMB or other texture maker
- STYROFOAM PLATE or palette for acrylic paint
- PAPER TOWELS
- BRUSHES THAT CAN BE USED IN ACRYLIC – a 1″ flat brush or larger, assorted other flats or rounds, whatever you like.
- PENCIL, WATER CONTAINER, HAIR DRYER is helpful.
- ARCHES (or other brand) WATERCOLOR PAPER. It’s important that the weight be 140lb…..lower weights will not support the mediums. Higher weights will not dry fast enough for our purposes in class. Cut your piece 12 x 14″.
TO APPLY THE DESIGN:
The easiest way is to use a light box – or simply tape the design and watercolor paper up to a window. Be sure it’s light outside and rather dark inside the house. Then just trace.
OR use graphite paper. Either way, trace it rather darkly – darker than you normally would.